Donut Media is looking for freelance video editors to join the team and edit world-class automotive videos for YouTube. Candidates must have passion and expertise for editing in the YouTube space, along with a drive to continuously grow, acquire new technical skills and deliver superb creative edits. The ideal candidate has worked previously editing for a YouTube creator, YouTube channel and/or production company that specializes in creator content, and has competency in other aspects of post production – motion graphics, sound mixing, color grading, and more. This position is fully remote freelance, though applicants within Los Angeles who can visit the office will be prioritized
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Edit world-class content for YouTube quickly grasping the Donut style and tone, working with producers, directors, editors, and other staff to execute the vision of the edit
- Craft an entire edit from start to finish, including handling creation of motion graphics, animation, color correction, sound design, and audio mixdown
- Maintain brand identity by utilizing established libraries and graphic looks
- Able to understand and process feedback in order to craft the right edit, and articulate reasoning behind edit decisions.
- Deliver edits within established schedules communicating every step of the way especially if an unexpected delay that effects delivery is encountered
- Keep up to date with latest trends in social media with regards to new styles, memes, and tactics for edits
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years editing experience within the YouTube space for high profile clients (1M+ subscribers)
- Ability to work independently or within a team, depending on the needs of the edit
- Extensive experience with the Adobe suite, including Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, and Photoshop
- Versatility with multiple video formats and styles
- Speed and clarity in communication
Submissions without reels or portfolios will not be considered. Automotive knowledge is preferred, but will work with the right candidates.